The Coast Philosophy
This is an extremely proud brand right now. Why? In 2012 alone, we opened two new Flagship stores on London's Oxford Street and within the Manchester Trafford Centre, showcasing our vision to be the 'Global Occasionwear Specialist'. Internationally, we opened new stores in Jordan, Ukraine, Indonesia, Australia, Germany and Spain taking our international stores to 149 locations in 21 different countries. What we do works. And it shows. Over the last 12 months, we have celebrated immense success and have grown together. If you think you'd like to share our unrivalled achievements, you're in the right place.
Browse our opportunities and see if there is something for you, alternatively register with us and we will keep you in mind if we have something that matches your profile.
Our vision reflects our long term brand wide goals:
To be the number 1 choice for occasionwear globally
To be a proud and passionate team
To be creative in everything we do
Our Brand Values
Our values are guiding principles by which we stand, they play a part in all the decision we make
Our values reflect what we are, how we do things, and where we want to be. Always close to our hearts, these are our principles to live by:
To be specialists
To be inspiring
To be beautiful
To be a brand of excellence in quality
To be unique
As a brand we promise to ensure that all of our customers look and feel their most beautiful for all occasions. We have a culture of employees who are inspired to offer excellent service.
To provide wider choice for all occasions, superior service and the best store environment
To be engaging, developing and listening to all people
To create conversations with all customers
Our strategic brand priorities highlight our action and focus as continually work towards being "The Occasionwear Specialist".
To ensure all our customers look and feel their most beautiful for all occasions
To have a culture of employees inspired to offer excellent service
To create wonderful memories
These behaviours describe how we act on a daily basis as we implement our brand vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfil our brand promise and live up to our values.
Respect – by valuing everyone's contribution to our success
Trust – By always doing what we say we will and empowering others to do the same
Inspiring – By being passionate about what we do, thinking creatively and developing ourselves and others
Clarity – By communicating a clear business vision and direction to everyone always
Excellence – By always being the best we can individually and together, keeping an eye on the details that matter and always looking ahead Results Focused – By defining goals, celebrating success and always maintaining courage and resilience We look for individuals who have the customer at the heart of everything they do. We take a different approach to the majority of organisations in retail, we hire people who have not worked in retail before. We look for people who have experience in superior customer service. The results are obvious and reflect our unique, caring ethos.
Just as our customer's occasions are important to us, so too are our team occasions. We enjoy cakes when someone has a birthday, we really celebrate when someone gets married; we throw baby showers and make a BIG deal when someone hits 10 years service! We have Easter egg bunnies and a fabulous Christmas party. We look for any excuse to have a celebration or event in the office. It's what people love and what people will remember forever. We create wonderful memories.
How will you grow?
We take the development of our people very seriously. Partly because we know it's a reason why great people want to join and stay at Coast - to further their careers and to play a part in growing a successful business. And also because it makes sense for us to have a team of engaged, talented, high performing people at the top of their game.
We run many courses at Coast that enhance and develop skills, knowledge and behaviour - all aspects we believe are important for every member of the team. We also offer secondments to stretch and challenge, it could be a group initiative or an international placement in a new market.
- Leading the Way Programme This is a 2 day highly participative development programme for the leaders in our business, which aims to support and give a richer understanding of their style and experiment with leadership and feedback.
- Oxford Summer School This residential prestigious 5 day course is the training and development event of the retail calendar, run by retailers, for retailers. The Academy is designed to expose delegates to some of the decisions and challenges involved in running a business. The programme concentrates on enhancing the delegate's expertise in the management of People, Money, Marketing, Merchandise and Retail Space.
- Hot House Progamme This programme is designed to provide a selection of Store Managers with an intense development experience over five days. Each Manager chosen will build skills and knowledge which when applied will have a direct impact on their store and team's performance. The programme is across all brands in the Aurora Fashions Group and will require personal commitment from each Manager.
- Aspire 2 Accelerate Programme Aurora Fashions, in partnership with University of Derby Corporate (UDC), has recently launched an academically-accredited retail talent programme for employees working in our stores across the UK and Ireland. It is the first-of-its-kind in fashion retail, it signals our commitment to investing in and nurturing talent in the industry.
- Greenhouse Greenhouse provides all Paul Street based employees a variety of ways to learn, develop and grow within their career at Coast. There is a choice of one day courses, bite-size sessions, special orders and side orders based on individual career stage. We know that it can be hard when you are the 'new' person in the team and there is so much to learn. When you join, you will also be invited to the Aurora Welcome Day, a bitesize session where you get to hear from our CEO, Mike Shearwood and understand the Aurora Vision, Values and Strategy.
Every year we support the fabulous charity, Breakthrough Breast Cancer through a donation from sales of a particular dress within our collections. Since 2009 Coast has helped raise a total sum of £150,000 and counting! From abseiling and cake bakes to swap shops and raffles, we thought of everything and what a result!
When you need a little break - You are entitled to 33 days holiday including all the Bank Holidays. We are confident you will stay a while, so you'll get an extra 5 days after 10 years. You also get the option to buy and sell holiday days each April.
Dress up your wardrobe - You will receive a generous staff discount that gets you 50% off Coast, including sale items!
Fancy money off Warehouse, Oasis and Karen Millen? - Once you've worked with us a month, your Aurora Discount Card will get you 33% off our other brands and what's more, you can apply for additional cards for family members.
For peace of mind - You automatically join our Bupa health insurance scheme from the day you join, giving you peace of mind when you need it most! You can also pay a little extra to cover your partner or little ones.
Even more insurance - Life assurance is also on offer.
Protecting you – You will have the opportunity to test your eyes regularly and have a flu jab when the nurse in the office.
More than just rewards – There are tax-free benefits, such as Give As You Earn that donates to a named charity. We also offer childcare vouchers and run a Cycle to Work scheme.
Worry-free travel – After 3 months, you can apply for an annual season ticket loan to make your travel cheaper.
Support when you need it most - Retail Trust are on hand for us all 24/7 and offer assistance of any kind over the phone and are only a phone call away.
Unleash your talent with us - There are lots of learning opportunities at Coast, including access to our Head Office offer, plus the opportunity to go to Oxford Summer School. We encourage our employees to take part in as much as they can.
Graduates and Placements
Throughout the year we have a number of Graduate opportunities in some very exciting departments such as Buying, Merchandising, Design and the in-house Pattern Room. Get in touch to find out when our deadlines are. We encourage individuals who are at a very early stage of their career to come in and see us, spend time in our Paul Street office and get to know how a Retail business works.